Pool Rummy is a very popular variant of rummy in which each player plays with 13 cards. In this quick paced game, the objective is to score the lowest amount of points. While many people love Pool Rummy, they find the process of arranging the game at their homes quite tedious, due to which they are not able to play as often as they like. A great solution to this problem is playing pool rummy online. In this article, we will explain what is pool rummy, how to play pool rummy and rules of pool rummy.
How to play pool rummy?
- On Rummy Culture, Pool Rummy is played with minimum 2 and maximum 6 players.
- At the beginning of a new game, players are all given 13 cards at random.
- There is a wild card that is chosen as the joker in the game. In case the printed joker card is used as the joker, then players can use Ace card of any suit as a joker. You can substitute a joker for any other card. For instance, if you have a possible sequence with the cards 7 and 9, you can use the joker card instead of an 8 and create an impure sequence.
- During your turn, you can either pick up a card from the open card deck or the closed deck. When you pick up a card, you must also discard a card from your hand. All discarded cards are visible in a separate tab when you play online, so that you know what other players have rejected.
- You must pick up your cards with a specific purpose in mind – either to create a sequence or a set. A sequence refers to consecutive numbers like 5,6,7 while a set refers to the same number from different suites like 9 of diamonds, spades, and hearts. Learn how to make sequences and sets here.
- At the end of the game, you must have the least points possible. When you create a sequence or a set, you get awarded 0 points. Other players then receive points on the basis of the cards they hold in their hands. Naturally, you must strive to make a sequence as quickly as possible.
How to play 101 and 201 Pool Rummy?
When playing 101 and 201 rummy, you must keep in mind the following:
- In 101 Rummy, players use all the cards from the Ace to the King, along with all 4 suites of the deck. Players play with the printed joker in this variant. With this game, you need to make sure that the other players score points more than 101. A player will get eliminated if he/she reaches 101 points.
- In 201 Rummy, players use the same cards as in 101 rummy, however, they need to ensure that the other players score points above 201, while still ensuring that their points are below 201 to win.
All the other rules of Rummy apply here.
How are winnings calculated?
At the end of each game, the winner wins cash as follows:
Winnings =(Entry Fee) X (Number of Players) – RummyCircle fees.
Exclusive Pool Rummy Features on RummyCulture
In case you lose a game, you can still rejoin it by paying the entry fee of that game.
Your joining points will be equal to the person holding the highest points in the game + 1. For example – If the highest point is 50, you will rejoin the game with 50+1 = 51 points.
*You can’t rejoin the game in case any of the players in the game doesn’t have a drop chance, i.e if their points are higher than 80 in 101 pool rummy and 175 in 201 pool rummy.
Points table for 101 and 201 rummy
|Rules for Pool Rummy!|
|Cards per player||13 Cards|
|Pure Sequences||At least 1|
|Maximum Sequences||Up to 4|
|Maximum Sets||Up to 2|
|Number of Decks||Up to 2|
|Printed Joker in Deck||1|
|Open Card Joker||1|
|Joker Utilization||To make sets and impure sequences|
|Game Play Type||Cash and Free Play|
|Table Size||2 to 6 Player Table|
|Initial Drop Value||20 Points for 101
25 Points for 201
|Mid Drop Value||40 Points for 101
50 Points for 201
|Maximum loss||80 Points|
|Wrong Show||Loss of 80 Points|
|Next Game Auto Start||Yes|
|Empty Seats on Table||Yes|
|Classic Rummy Types||Points Calculation|
|Number of Deals||1|
|Initially Dealt Chips||NA|
|Number of Winners||1|
|Winning Hand||Make valid sequences and or sets before opponents and declare|
|Winning the Game||Make valid sequences and or sets before opponents and declare|
|Rebuy Option||Yes (If all the players have a drop chance)|
|Split Winnings||Yes (Winnings depends on number of drops left)|
|Winning Calculation||Losing Players Points x Point Value|
Now that you know what is pool rummy, it’s time to play and win! If you want to start playing pool rummy, download RummyCulture and Register! With easy cash withdrawals and multiple games and bonuses, RummyCulture is the right site for you! You can start with practice games first and then play pool rummy for cash with our circle of 5 Lakh + Rummy fans.